Sunday, March 26, 2006

"My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. So which one is the real hero?" ~Mitch Hedburg~

Whitney and a friend came over last night to watch King Kong. Okay, here's the deal...they end up on this island with giant bugs and dinosaurs. You know that little girl on the ring?...that's what the natives looked like. It was all so unrealistic and we laughed at how stupid it was at times. So, how in the world did we end up crying at the end? Whitney said, "Mom, this is so sad." Through my tears I am saying , "Honey, its just a monkey."
I don't know what the girl's name in the movie was, I'll just call her the girl. The girl in the movie had been left by everyone in her life. She had hit rock bottom. She was hungry, needed a job and desperately needed someone to love her. Here is this giant gorilla who, after abducting her, saved her from the dinosaurs and stood by her in danger. They made a trust connection and it was cool. Its said that everyone needs a hero. Man, there is just something about someone fighting for you.
I think about our hero, Jesus. He fought for us to His death. I know when I saw The Passion, I kept telling myself, "He's doing that for you...He is walking that road for you, Beverly." I mean He was the Gladiator for us ..He was BraveHeart and He is my hero....

6 comment(s):

Jesus is my hero too. Here's another movie I haven't seen. When does movie night start???

By Blogger Candy, at 11:09 AM  

I think everyone needs a hero as well. Thank god for my belt!

By Blogger Lucas, at 12:06 PM  

my friends are my hero's, i cant imagine life without friends that love me as i am. that is even a hard job for me.

hello blodie

By Blogger Clint, at 7:14 PM  

my friends are my heroes too, Clint, and i can't imagine life without them either. we love you exactly the way you are - it's easy. well, maybe i should speak for myself.

By Blogger Candy, at 4:09 AM  

Beverly's my hero for the new layout. It's so much easier to read.

By Blogger Scott, at 11:57 AM  

Candy and Clint...my small group are my heroes!!

Blondie..or sometimes affectionately called, "Blodie" (no, Scott, we will never let you live that down.)Glad your belt is there for you!

Scott...anything I can do to make you happy, makes me happy..


Chad, that is hilarious..your cute little queen kong..

By Blogger Beverly, at 2:44 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home