Thursday, March 30, 2006

"Build this house with me." ~Life As A House~




Okay, taking a break from studying...These are three of my all time favorite movies. They are movies about realness. I think I may take a study break this weekend and watch one of them. You know those movies that just leave you wanting to be a better human being... I mean the ones where long after the movie is over you are still sitting there, on the couch, crying...I love movies..maybe I am an escapist..hope not..I am just intrigued by people and their emotions and their reactions to life. I have lots of other movies that I love:

Man In The Iron Mask...To Kill a Mockingbird....Gladiator....Band of Brothers...Hanging Up....The Green Mile....Places In the Heart....Monty Python and the Holy Grail...What Lies Beneath...The Mission...O Brother Where Art Thou.....Forrest Gump...Garden State..

Just a few...I am sure when you start naming your favorites, I will remember mine!

16 comment(s):

i feel the same way about Christmas Vacation. tears running down my cheeks.

By Blogger Clint, at 6:20 AM  

Funny man:) That is classic!

By Blogger Lauren, at 6:27 AM  

I love What's Eating Gilbert Grape!

By Blogger Jeans, at 8:08 AM  

Lauren... is Funny Man a movie or are you speaking of Clint?

Clint..Christmans Vacation ..why does that not surprise me..:)

Jeans..there you go, another bond..

Chad..how could I have missed Three Amigos...and Napoleon Dynamite? I love the three amigos..Every once in awhile when I get in a big mess I say, "What am I doing in Mexico?" usually noone gets it..only amigo fans would..

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:20 AM  

Sooooooooo the only one of those that I have seen, other than Life as a House is "Man in the Iron Mask" maybe I need to step up my movie watching...

By Blogger Lucas, at 9:24 AM  

hey guys what does imho stand for?

By Blogger Beverly, at 10:04 AM  

Sorry Beverly. I was poking at Clint:)

By Blogger Lauren, at 10:12 AM  

Monday night is movie night the boys come over and we eat and watch a movie. Last week it was: The Great Escape. The Week before it was: About A Boy.

Another great Kevin Klien movie is "Grand Canyon"

By Blogger happytheman, at 1:16 PM  

happytheman..I love Grand Canyon..Crash is kinda like Grand Canyon..both great movies...

By Blogger Beverly, at 2:18 PM  

IMHO: In My Humble Opinion (thaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you Google!)


as far as my favorites go, I am a big fan of all things submarine (u-571, das boot, all submarines all the time, I know it's weird), Erin Brockovich, You've Got Mail, The Long Long Trailer (YOU MUST RENT THIS!) and uh...others....

By Blogger Lucas, at 3:51 PM  

Two of my favorites: The Secret Garden and Crash. I also love The Kid and Lord of the Rings. Funny movies are my favorite. I laughed my heiney off at Four Weddings and a Funeral and watched it through immediately after I saw it the first time (rental). I wonder if I'd think it was that funny today. I'm a very eclectic movie person.

By Blogger Candy, at 4:18 PM  

Blondie..I saw Das Boot years ago..it was my first subtitled movie and I loved it..

Candy...please, Hugh Grant cracks me up!

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:36 PM  

chad..yeah opus was a tear jerker! I am so glad you are in youth ministry..

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:04 PM  

Amelie?

By Blogger Deb, at 8:43 AM  

deb...i started Amelie..but just didn't get it..maybe I was just in the wrong mood..alot of my friends love it.

FW..LD was amazing in gilbert grape..have you seen him Marvin's Room?

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:05 AM  

Amelie is definitely one movie where you have to be in the mood for it. I think I have seen every single French movie at my local video store :)

By Blogger Lucas, at 3:37 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home