Monday, April 10, 2006

Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee....Psalms 55

So, Scott, I guess the benefit of being a stalker is that you are missed..

My life has been turned upside down a bit. Lots of variables..even down to yesterday...Its been a tough week....therein lies the reason for my quietness, Scott..
Sam, my son, has been experiencing back problems for awhile. We took him to Rehab and that didn't allevitate his pain...then sent for a back x-ray...sent to a back surgeon to decifer what looked like some problems in the x-ray...MRI...looks like there is a "lesion"....Bone Scan tuesday...
So..I ask for your prayers for Sam. He is a 15 year old, 5ft 8in, 162 pound precious boy. I ask for your prayers for me. I am afraid, but have lots of amazing prayer warriors out there...
My attention span, during the test on Saturday, was short. I found my mind wandering to thoughts of Sam and some other craziness that is happening in my life. Oh well...that is in God's hands..
I was on the floor, watching the 3rd season of 24, with Sam last night. He moved his head right next to mine and just cuddled with me. I know he's scared but doesn't know how to say it to me. We prayed and he fell asleep.
Blondie, black labs are awesome..Jett is all over Sam. He is a comfort and a provides a laugh for Sam.
How grateful I am that I have a Savior who's shoulders are big enough to carry what I can't...so..I am casting..today..

22 comment(s):

oh beverly, you're up so early... my mother-heart is aching for you :(
Prayers from Australia for Sam.

By Blogger gracie, at 5:22 AM  

bevy,
love your heart! praying for sam today...

By Blogger Katie, at 6:26 AM  

You are such an awesome mother. Sam and you bless each other, it's obvious.

Sure wish I was there to know better how to help. I have had several MRI's. Am praying for you and your family, and for Sam. God is holding you all in his palm and will relieve both you and Sma.

Love ya!

By Blogger Deb, at 6:50 AM  

how in the word did Abram do it. i would say either he was psychopathic or i have very little faith. there is nothing like the love of a child in hard times. enjoy you gift from God and know that God loves you and has not forsaken you.

By Blogger Clint, at 8:54 AM  

See Beverly, all you have to do is reach out. He's there to catch you.

By Blogger Candy, at 8:56 AM  

Beverly, prayers flying up out of my heart to a God so much bigger then us. Psalm 50... Sam will be in my prayers. My black lab's name it Jet!

By Blogger happytheman, at 11:00 AM  

I will be praying for you guys.

By Blogger Jeans, at 11:30 AM  

Beverly,
I will be praying for Sam and for you... Please let us know what you find out.

By Blogger Laurie, at 12:29 PM  

already prayin' for ya!

By Blogger Lucas, at 3:05 PM  

Beverly, I am so sorry to hear this news! I will be praying for you and Sam.

By Blogger English Professor, at 5:06 PM  

gracie..I feel the love all the way from Australia..isn't it funny that we are friends..I think that's neat..by the way, Candy and I are going to be getting together to read your poems on Wed. at 1...

Katie..I love your heart and thanks for the prayers.

Deb..Sam certainly blesses me and I know that God will take care of Sam's back..

Fw..thanks bro...

Clint..I have no idea how Abram did it..such faith..God did the same for us but went through with it...Sam makes me laugh...yes, pure love

Candy..reaching

happytheman...its fun to have a friend with that name..:) Thank you for the prayers, I am grateful..
How funny that our dogs have the same name!

Jeans and Laurie...thank you thank you...I will let you know as soon as we know..

I am humbled by your love and concern...

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:17 PM  

ep...thanks for stopping by and including Sam in your prayers..means so much..

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:18 PM  

Hi Beverly. Saw your comment over at Mike Cope's blog. I've nothing profound to say, but wanted to let you know that I'll have you and Sam in my prayers. May the Lord comfort you and carry you through this rough night of anticipating the test tomorrow.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 7:49 PM  

Beverly, same here what Joyce said. My prayers are with you, and I sure hope you all get good news tomorrow.

By Blogger Amy S. Grant, at 7:57 PM  

Wow - I didn't know I wielded such blog-o-power ;-)

I pray that things go well for Sam. It's nice you've the Savior to rest in, but it's also nice that he has you to be worried with. You know, it's not every 15 y/o kid who finds rest with his mom. Good on both of you.

I think you've got the right idea with watching 24 all at once - as opposed to on tv - one episode per week - one hour of panic, 167 hours of worrying about the next hour.

By Blogger Scott, at 8:06 PM  

Scott..24..I know what you mean..I almost hate to get caught up because I don't know if I could stand the suspense even for one week.
Sam and I are settling in on watching a few episodes tonight.Oh that Nina!!..I figure if I keep him up real late that maybe he will sleep during the scan..

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:40 PM  

Amy and Joyce..thanks, wow....Sam the Mann has alot of prayers going up in his behalf..

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:44 PM  

Sam is sound asleep. He brought a mattress in the living room and he fell right to sleep. Jett the faithful dog is asleep on the couch beside him.
I am glad Sam went right to sleep..now its my turn...

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:46 PM  

Beverly, All is well...Sam is safely cradled in the arms of the Father this morning. You are both so very loved.

By Blogger Candy, at 4:18 AM  

It's Wednesday, just after 1pm.. lighting my candle... where are you?? hehe
.... i'll just have to wait til you catch up!!!
(When you and Bev get together I will be sleeping cos it will be 4am Thursday for me!)

By Blogger gracie, at 8:23 PM  

woopss... you and Candy (correcting the above comment!)

By Blogger gracie, at 8:25 PM  

aww..gracie..we'll be thinking of you even if you are fast asleep!

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:51 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home