Tuesday, August 15, 2006

*There are moments you remember all your life. There are moments you wait for and dream, of all your life. This is one of those moments..


I don't know what the best moment was today. My day began with me standing watching my boy sleep thinking how proud I am of him and how amazing it is that he was going into high school today.
Was the best moment getting out of my car at work and looking up to see the most beautiful rainbow I had ever seen? I couldn't move standing there basking in His promises. I had the very job I had wanted and I was humbled by it all.
Was the best moment my first child entering my room today? I had parent/teacher conferences all day dealing with paperwork and meeting my kids. Seeing TJ was a highlight. Knowing this boy will be in my class is just so cool.
There was the moment when a mother sat before me telling me of her impending divorce and I told her we (my Aide and I ) were going through some stuff like that. Her mouth dropped open as she stated that satan was attacking all of us. I said, "No, God is blessing us. He brought you here with us." She began to cry and I walked around the table to get some tissues and she grabbed me and held on to me. This was a moment I will never forget.
Maybe my best moment was when a little girl hugged me and wouldn't let me go or all the high fives I got from the boys in my class. They are all my favorite moments and tomorrow is another day...

Did you have a favorite moment today?...don't miss it...

*From "This is One of Those Moments" by Barbra Streisand (yes, Barbra Streisand) Yentl

9 comment(s):

oh Beverly - this is the best post! God's promises were all over yesterday and I would have to say that driving Max, Jordan and Abby up to the school covered by a rainbow was my "best moment of the day". I got to explain to them that this was God's promise for them that He is always there beside them. As I drove away I thought of you and how He promises you the same thing as you begin this school year in His hands just exactly where He put you and what a blessing you're going to be to so many. Yea God!!! I can't wait to hear so much more.

By Blogger Candy, at 4:45 AM  

yup, it happened at all of the clubs I visited. kids smiling and giving you hugs. good post

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 6:32 AM  

:)

By Blogger Clint, at 6:50 AM  

You know what? You just taught me something. (Figures, that's your job now, duh!) I just took the bar exam, finished law school, all that stuff. You know how it is: you've worked and worked and worked all these years and gave up so much to reach your goal.

So now I've reached my goal, I've got my job at my family's firm. We just radically changed our practice by, in my Dad's words, "blowing the top off on the fact that we're a Christian firm". So I have the freedom to be myself at work. It's amazing.

But the inevitible question is: What now? I'm so used to working for what I want to achieve IN THE FUTURE, what do I do when I get there? What do I do when I wake up and have everything I've ever prayed for and worked for?

And you taught me the simple answer: You stop, look at a rainbow, and enjoy your life while giving thanks to God for bringing you to this point. That's it. Be happy, ya dummy.

Maybe to most people that is obvious, but to me, it's a lesson I needed to learn. So thank you! I think I'm at the beginning of a pretty good day.

By Blogger Jim V, at 7:11 AM  

I always loved the beginning of the school year. I think one of the best parts of teaching is that there is a beginning and ending of each school year. School started here in Tucson this week and I am planning to substitute two days a week - but I haven't made myself available yet. I know you are going to love teaching.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 2:06 PM  

You know, my favorite moment may have been reading this post.

Nah, I lie - there were some better moments - but this is a GREAT post ;-)

By Blogger Scott, at 3:32 AM  

You know.

By Blogger Scott, at 3:33 AM  

Aww! I'm so happy for you! You're so right that God is blessing you!

As for my favourite (yes, with a "U") moment today, it's 7:30am, so I have only woken up and drudged myself to work. I guess SO FAR, my fave moment was Tika crumbling under my loves and slowly sliding down to the floor.

By Blogger Lucas, at 6:43 AM  

It's so very cool to be able to share in your life and live your best moments through your blog. Thank you for this.

By Blogger Demosthenes, at 11:11 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home