Sunday, April 29, 2007

Looking in the eyes of love I can see forever * Alison Krauss

So Whitney got flowers from someone from the blogoshere yesterday. (Gerber daisies, Whitney's and my favorite flower!) Whitney did an incredibly courageous act on Friday and this friend thought she deserved flowers. I am so grateful to those who have reached out to Whitney and Sam who have never met them or only met them once. You have called and talked to them and you have sent gifts of love. I will never forget this. You see, I wanted so much and prayed that my children would see and feel the body of Christ through all this. I have been disappointed in some who are close to us who have stepped back. I do not judge their hearts for I know, as an elder told me, that they think someone else is taking care of them. It is a lesson to me that I must not hesitate or anticipate but take off the towel from around my waist and wash feet. Then a joy will be felt that can only come from serving someone else. I am learning alot and I'm thankful.
On the card sent to Whitney was written:

"If you're going through hell, keep going" ~Winston Churchill~

I like that.

I sat in the back of church with Whitney today and Sam was a row over. Whitney nudged me to tell me that Sam had just thrown a paper airplane to Joel. I sat there in the middle of this worship and sermon on the body of Christ and thought about these two amazing kids and what they have fought through these last few months..and thanks to those of you who had the courage and love to reach out to them. I will never forget it.

*From "Looking in The Eyes of Love" by Alison Krauss

5 comment(s):

I loved that!!! words of wisdom for all....your kids are AWESOME, and YOU ARE A GEM!!

By Blogger Dina, at 1:19 PM  

Dina....they are awesome and your girl is amazing and aren't we blessed. a gem..hmmm..well, only because of His refinement.

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:30 PM  

"His refinement"... I like that phrase!
Here's me... sending some love to you too, and your beautiful children. Even in pain there is so much to be grateful for.

By Blogger gracie, at 5:16 PM  

gracie...yes, so much to be thankful for.

Jeremy..yep, I am definately taking you out for barbeque this summer!! Can't wait!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:58 AM  

Tell your kids - love from me too.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 10:09 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home