Friday, January 11, 2008


My knee hurts. I have always felt a bit invincible. I can run, I can bicycle and I had been doing a weight training class and Yoga but...I did something to my knee along the way and the brace and the rest is not making it go away. I made a Doctor's appointment. Its on Tuesday and I just may keep it. (the appointment that is) I don't get sick and don't do doctors which I know is stupid. Sam thinks its really funny because I may get an MRI and I am very....claustrophobic. Sam has been through a couple of MRIs and bone scans and he described it to me. Maybe the Doctor has some medication which would alleviate the mass phobias that preside in my psyche and the mere remembrances of the enclosed tomblike experience. I found out that psyche is really a word and can pertain to the conception of myself or a Canadian Dark synthpop band.


So, all that to tell you about what happened today.....

All my students were busy working in their Centers when I stepped on a lego and my leg twisted and well, my knee of course too. The pain was unbearable and I was surprised by my tears. My Assistant was out of the room. I sat down in the rocking chair and tried to stop crying. I looked around and noticed that all my students had stopped what they were doing. Many of them gathered around me and some just peeked around watching me with awe...kinda like..oh Ms. Mann cries too. The crowd around me were the ones who were most concerned. One little girl was wiping away tears and the others looked at me with the most sophisticated compassionate faces a little 4 year old could put on. Then my sweet little Antonio, who is one of my behavioral challenges of the class whose Father is now in jail, looked at me then looked around at those gathered around and said, "We need to pray for her." Another little girl chimed in, "Yeah, we need to pray." Let me tell you the tears poured even more. I was sitting smack dab in a holy moment. I looked at Antonio and told him I would never forget that moment for the rest of my life.

4 comment(s):

1) It's good to see you back.
2) Thank you for sharing a God moment, hope your well.

By Blogger happytheman, at 10:19 PM  

Oh, Beverly... what an experience. Thank you for sharing. I think of you and wonder how you are often. I hope you are well and that the Dr. can help.

By Blogger Laurie, at 10:33 PM  

That's fantastic, Bev. I hope your knee gets better soon. Welcome back to blogland!

By Blogger Katie, at 8:30 AM  

Beverly! I miss you!! I ALWAYS checked in hoping this moment would come to pass. I love that all those kids prayed for you!!! a little man guided in the RIGHT direction. Hope you get better!

By Blogger Dina, at 9:20 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home