Thursday, April 27, 2006

Purple Haze all around, Don't know if I'm coming up or down*





I am back...okay, no wise cracks about how I couldn't keep quiet for even a day..

I had a major crush on Jimi Hendrix when I was a kid..Yesterday, I cranked up Jimi Hendrix and it soothed my weary soul..I found myself playing Purple Haze over and over..(don't worry, no chemicals were involved in this time of meditation with Jimi) I emailed Clint about various details in my life (thanks Clint) and told him I had been listening to Jimi Hendrix and felt better. I can't remember if I told him that Purple Haze was my pick for the day. Wow..that would be weird if I didn't because, he put that I was listening to hendrix, then attached a link to his website on his blog where Purple Haze was playing.
He also wrote about what he had found out about Jimi's motivation in writing this song and that made it even more special.

"Hendrix claimed this was inspired by a dream where he was walking under the sea. In the dream, he said a purple haze surrounded him, engulfed him and got him lost. It was a traumatic experience, but in his dream his faith in Jesus saved him."

Well, I loved this. Clint and I were talking about maybe Jimi was a believer and his last breaths were about his savior. Then we dreamed about how cool it would be to be in Heaven with Jimi Hendrix..!!!

*From Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix

13 comment(s):

Jimmy is a bad mamajamma'!!! (I mean that in a good way!)

By Blogger rambouillet, at 1:15 PM  

Ya know, God loves every single one of us more than we could ever know - even the drugged out, overdosed rock and rollers of yesteryear. I wonder why it surprises us that Jimi loved God back. I think we're going to be very surprised at who we spend eternity with and that sure makes me rethink some of the judgments I've made and beg for forgiveness!! There's only one God and it's not me. whew. That is good news for the whole world.

By Blogger Candy, at 4:16 PM  

Jimi - right up there with Dylan. Good stuff.

By Blogger Shawna, at 6:05 PM  

ram..i love it when you visit..and yes indeed he is!!

Candy..i think we definately will be surprised..

plankton..my favorite...yep..dylan and jimi..love em both

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:09 PM  

"scuze me while I kiss this guy"

By Blogger Scott, at 6:32 PM  

No Scott..that's Boy George!

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:39 PM  

What ever it is, that girl put a spell on me...

Really bummed me out when the Lakers started using the song..

I hate funky days, I got to do something go get out of the funk, Jimi gets me out of funk, and dare I say Loggins and Messina.

By Blogger happytheman, at 8:08 PM  

Happy..I saw Loggins and Messina on their last tour together...but i think I told ya'll that ....
well..I just got back from walking 2 miles.and .tomorrow..I run it.!!.but while Iwalked I listened to Kanye, Black eye peas..(okay humps is a bad song but it will get you down the road..Nicole C. Mullins, Elton John..Weezer..Coldplay and Levi Smith..its my running mix..
problem is when I exercise this late I am ready to go do something..

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:44 PM  

Candy - DITTO to your first comment.

Bev - yeah!!! you like me!! ;) And I LOOOOOOOVE Coldplay. Wish I could have seen them when they were here...

By Blogger rambouillet, at 6:10 AM  

Speaking of rockers, you know who else is a Christian? Alice Cooper. I agree with Candy. I think we might be surprised at who all we see in Heaven.

By Blogger Jeans, at 8:30 AM  

I know, I wish I could have seen Coldplay too..I have friends who went..I love that song Fix You..I pretend its Jesus singing to me..


Jeans!! Alice Cooper..wow..

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:49 AM  

I walk 3 miles about 4 times a week, still can't run on this bum foot.

My Nano has the following: Glen Phillips (Toad the Wet Sprocket), Donald Fagan, Derek Webb, Nina Simone, Delirious, Colin Hay, Coldplay, Charlie Hall, The blue Nile & Ani Difranco. Oh also the book "Freakonmics" which has a chapter on the legalized abortion caused the crime rate to drop during the 90's?

By Blogger happytheman, at 1:04 PM  

Hey FW...Charlie Daniels called me and sang me happy birthday..

Happy..you have a Nano and a razor phone..wow..

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:10 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home