Sunday, June 18, 2006

And my old friend we will always meet again*


My brother and his family flew in from Hong Kong yesterday. As he exited the airplane and made his way to us I felt a general sigh of relief. My brother was here and that made me feel so safe. He is my hero. We have hiked mountain trails together, climbed waterfalls together, swam oceans together, crossed the mojave desert together, listened to Commandor cody and His Lost Planet Airmen together, cried together and oh my goodness laughed together and survived some pretty tough stuff together. I am thankful he is here and will enjoy basking in his wisdom and his love for me.

He is hilarious and he was so excited to tell me about this guy he fell in love with on the plane, who had buck teeth and tore through beef jerky like nobody's business. At baggage claim, he rolled around on the floor with his 18 month old daughter, Marina, as if noone else was in that room.

You got someone, in your life, that just makes you feel at home and safe whenever your around them? Hope so....


*From "I Would Bring You Ireland" by Nanci Griffith

9 comment(s):

aww..discom..I am happy..I have much to be grateful for babe!

By Blogger Beverly, at 10:04 AM  

Ohhhhhhhhh, I loves me some Nanci Griffith

I've got a big Samoan buddy who can cash all the checks my big mouth writes...if you know what I mean...

Seriously, I'm soooo glad you're brother is there with you! In fact, I think I'll go tell God how good He is for that RIGHT NOW...

By Blogger Scott, at 10:43 AM  

Good to see you hangin with your Bro. Me too like Nancy Griffith, makes me want to drive a Gulf Coast Hwy.

By Blogger happytheman, at 11:10 AM  

scott..you are a good friend...

happy..happy father's day!

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:28 AM  

sage..yes, it is a blessing to have Mark..and I wish you did too.
and about Discom..that's her trademark, UPPER CAPS..!

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:29 PM  

wish i had one like that too. oh wait, i have clint and scott.

By Blogger Candy, at 5:44 AM  

glad your brother is in safe and I hope you two have a grand time catching up!

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 7:01 AM  

I'm glad your brother is so wonderful and that you guys are so close!

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:58 AM  

Give that Mark a big ole hug for me -- what a precious baby girl!! So terrific to see Mark with his baby daughter. :)

Have fun with your visits!

By Blogger Deb, at 2:12 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home