Wednesday, June 14, 2006

And you can keep me laughing in the middle of the storm*

Lately, I have found my laughter...don't get me wrong I have laughed the last few months but not the laugh that is well, a real cathartic laugh..and..its felt really good...Candy made me laugh when she came out of wherever tuesday isn't, yesterday. Other friends, who shall remain nameless to protect the innocent, made me laugh last night. Sam came home from a mission trip and told me stories that made me laugh so hard he stopped and looked at me. He grabbed my hands and smiled..maybe he hasn't heard me laugh that laugh in awhile. Then I went and picked up a guy who was in town, (He now lives in Houston.) to surprise Sam. He has been an amazing mentor to Sam and he made me laugh. He and Sam hugged like long lost brothers...
I am sitting hear laughing at these emails I am getting and I am just having fun doing nothing at work...(my boss is in Florida)..she wouldn't mind anyway...
So, hope you have a good laugh today...
I'm off to Austin today...did I mention that?...

*From "I'd Like to Think So" by Levi Smith

8 comment(s):

Yay! The Austin trip. Hope you have a fantastic time, filled with lots of healthy laughter and the joyful renewal that can come from time off.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 11:10 AM  

Yay laughing, yay Austin, yay Sam, and yay you. Have a great time, Beverly! You deserve it! Love you!

By Blogger Katie, at 11:53 AM  

Discom - you're my kinda girl - and that really scares me!!

I always like to say I have the gift of laughter, Bev. It's a whole lot better than the gift of tears!

By Blogger Candy, at 11:59 AM  

oh and God and I had some laughs yesterday too!

By Blogger Candy, at 12:00 PM  

Hey Bev, sometimes I wish I could tell what day comments were made, so I'm campaigning to get my fellow Blogger users to change their settings so that the date as well as the time show up on comments. It's not difficult, just go to your Dashboard then to Change Settings, then to Settings/Comments. Switch the Comments Format Timestamp to one of the options with the date as well as the time. :-D

Cheers! Have a great time in Austin.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 12:55 PM  

do it! i'm with joyce! it helps to know.

By Blogger Candy, at 1:29 PM  

Hey, are you going to Austin, by the way? ;-)

By Blogger Scott, at 6:34 PM  

Laughing is wonderful medicine! I hope you have a great trip.

Ava

By Blogger Ava, at 8:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home