Sunday, June 04, 2006

I'm sick*


Okay..me and Whit have felt really yucky today..
You know being sick is really crazy..you're just walking along or you get up one morning and boom, bam, you're sick...there's like no letter you get that warns you, "You will be sick on June 4th. So make plans accordingly."..You just get sick..I am like never sick ever...I would want to stay home from school and my Mom would say, "Oh, you aren't sick." Seriously, I really wanted to be sick..so one day I got up and ate a rotten egg so that I would throw up and my Mom would say, "Oh my goodness, you're sick." But, bad news is that I didn't throw the rotten egg up and had it sitting in my stomach all day." Bummer...
I did get seasick once in the Gulf of Mexico...pretty sure there are still pieces of me there..man, I threw up everything but my big toe...the silver lining was that everytime I threw up off the side of the boat (which is quite a feat for a nice southern girl..like in front of 50 people..but I got over it) anyway, everytime I threw up my Mom and I would catch lots of fish..the cute guys beside us who said they would teach us how to fish were begging me to throw up in their general direction..
Okay..anyway..any sick stories?




*From "Why Do I Have To Be Sick?" by Beverly

15 comment(s):

Well, Blondie claims that one cause of illness is thinking of preacher-boy trolling for drunk chicks at last-call.

By Blogger Scott, at 7:20 PM  

haha, true that, Scott. When we took a road trip across the Eastern coast of Quebec, I was SOOOOOO sick while we were driving, but on the small zodiac out on the open ocean, I was just peachy.

There was another time along the PCH in California when I was assaulted by the smells of the ocean, someone's bad gas, white bread and peanut butter and driving on a winding road. I didn't do too well that time.

By Blogger Lucas, at 8:47 PM  

can't talk about this!

By Blogger Candy, at 9:06 PM  

Scott..yeah..that is kinda sick

Blondie..I have been on the PCH and its a winding road..!

Candy..what's wrong..can't talk about throwing up..???..Ahh..I think we have found Candy's weakness...:)

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:11 PM  

Bev must not be too sick if she's bloggin'... :) Seriously, Beverly, I hope you get well soon!

By Blogger Katie, at 9:15 PM  

Katie..I can't lie down anymore..
thanks..

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:37 PM  

I'm sorry that you are sick. Take care

By Blogger Vonnie, at 9:59 PM  

Sorry to hear you and Whitney are feeling so poorly!

NOW, after perusing your engaging and detailed descriptions, I don't know whether to laugh or gag! I do know that it won't take long to toss my cookies and engage the projectile out the window towards the mess the fox made overnight with the rubbish.

Anyone with a mother who's a nurse has GOT to be creative when it comes to getting a sick day off from school.

I think my recent fave of late comes from Napolean Dynamite: 'My lips are sore can I come home?'

By Blogger Deb, at 2:14 AM  

it's called chumming

By Blogger Clint, at 6:41 AM  

nothing quite invigorating as seeing your past meals flee your body in a spectacular display of hurling...

hmm... maybe invigorating isn't the word. Hope you are feeling better.

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 11:36 AM  

Thanks, guys, I feel better today..

clint you're killin me with the chumming..very funny..

FW..how nice to see a comment from you...

By Blogger Beverly, at 12:21 PM  

I think im kind of quezy after reading that... Just a little too vivid...
Glad to know you are feeling better.. Now if my Nurse "friend" could just get over strep all the ladies in my life would be in good help....

By Blogger Flake, at 1:15 PM  

health*

By Blogger Flake, at 1:16 PM  

Sorry you were sick! I hope you feel better soon.

I am normally never sick, but I do get motion-sickness big time--can't even swing on a swing with my girls or watch footage from a video camera most times. It's kind of ridiculous.

But, the worst of the worst sickness was when my entire family got a twenty-four hour bug--(you know the kind when you think you are going to die, and then the realization that you are actually going to live seems like a worse option at the time). My husband and I were both sick, along with our ONE week old and 13 month old daughters, who both had the same thing. Our saving grace was that we got the worst part of it five hours from each other, so we could switch off taking care of everyone. I will never forget that.

By Blogger Laurie, at 1:59 PM  

Dang i'm sorry I could have talked you through it. but alas I didn't know. Hope you feel much better.

By Blogger happytheman, at 4:37 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home