Friday, June 02, 2006

Keep me where you are where I will always be renewed*

So, its thursday night, I am on the computer in the dining room, and the boys are right behind me playing some poker..Sam leans way back in his chair every once in awhile to smile at me and I think well, this is my life..hahaha..an evening with the boys. I do have to remind them I am here every once in awhile.."Guys, that is just gross.." Its just some sweet neighborhood boys that are over cause Sam was not allowed out of the house last night because of reasons I will not go into..but let's just say, raising a boy is quite different from raising my Whitney. Its exciting and scarey and frustrating and I love it! We watch the end of the Mavs game and talk about how amazing Dirk is! The boys go home and Sam gets ready for bed. Whitney comes home from work at midnight. She says, "Hey guys, what do you want to do?" We both answer, " Go to bed." Whitney goes and lays down with Sam and starts telling him stories about how this guy came into work and said that his cousin was the first person the real Texas Chainsaw murderer killed..I walk in and look at my two kids snuggled up on that little twin mattress and I just feel so much love for them, I could just eat em up..Then I lay down on the couch beside the mattress (Sam loves to pull his mattress out and sleep in the living room) and we talk. I look at them and can't believe they are mine, they are so beautiful and deserve so much..I get up to get ready for bed and Whitney stays with Sam until he's asleep..
I think that this night was rich with unexpected jewels of love..I am grateful...

* From "I Believe in You by Bob Dylan

20 comment(s):

haahaha before...

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:12 AM  

I'm sorry I haven't commented much this week - but I will say that Dirk is just ridiculous.

He take such crazy shots that any coach would just pull his hair out for evey trying... and he MAKES them!

Good thing Avery doesn't have much hair on his head to pull.

By Blogger Demosthenes, at 6:18 AM  

lies.... or maybe God is doing good?

By Blogger Clint, at 7:02 AM  

This is a good story, Bev. You do have a lot of love in your life.

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:16 AM  

candy..that's what i love about you..you do mean it!
i know i am rich..
sam has moved his mattress into the living room since the begining of the year when things began not to go so well..

demo..i love ridiculous players..those are the ones with the talent..hey, avery is tight..I can imagine he just says go out there and do what you do, dirk!

clint..i am assuming you are commenting on the post before this one..freak!..I love that! i think that is the way i am answering from now on when someone asked me how i am doing.."God is doing good."

jeans..yes, i do...and the reason it meant so much is that these two have not been getting along famously lately.

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:42 AM  

Thanks Beverly. Though my boys show their love for each other in different ways it is always a joy to see them together. They have grown even closer the last year.

I only watch the last 5:00 minutes of any game and Dirk just took over. Not so much with his scoring but he was making sure that the Suns only got one shot.

By Blogger happytheman, at 8:18 AM  

Happy...boys..i love em..come to think of it growing up most of my best buddies were boys..maybe God was preparing me for having this big precious jerk of a boy..

Dirk made 50 points last night and I am pretty sure the crowd was chanting "MVP...MVP."

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:24 AM  

I never thought it was possible, but it seems Clint gets funnier with each comment of his that I read.

I'm so touched by your story about your kids. I wonder if my mom ever has moments like that...

By Blogger Lucas, at 8:42 AM  

Blondie..Clint is hilarious...
and yes, I am sure your Mom has had moments like this and you might be surprised to know that even at your age she peeks into your room and watches you sleep..

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:51 AM  

I loved this story. My two boys are 11 years apart and they both grew up way too fast. Now they live on opposite sides of the country, but we are all planning to be together a week from today to celebrate my husband's birthday and Father's Day. I can't wait.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 9:05 AM  

Jeans is right, Bev - you do have a lot of love in your life. I'm so glad. Blessings on your Friday!

By Blogger Katie, at 9:25 AM  

Boys in their early teens are a whiplash of emotion. They're as easy to love as they are to murder.

You know, Beverly, it's a shame you don't love your kids ;-)

By Blogger Scott, at 10:09 AM  

vonnie...have fun! that sounds like a precious reunion!

scott...you are so right...this morning, wanted to murder him..haha..but now, he's precious again..I'm buckling up, this could be quite a ride!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:36 AM  

Bev,
I am so blessed to have both of those beautiful children in my youth group (even if it was at different times).

-Michael

By Blogger Michael, at 1:51 PM  

Michael...and I am so happy you were in Whit's life and now in Sam's...yep..my little "Bubba" is getting packed right now!

By Blogger Beverly, at 2:31 PM  

i have faith in the mavs but if the suns win, they will be easy to root for too.

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 4:00 PM  

hey guys..look who commented on my blog..FRUSTRATED WRITER..yay..he's back!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:27 PM  

Geez, Bev. I seriously have tears in my eyes right now and I am not an emotional person. That was so beautiful! And I know EXACTLY how you feel :)

By Blogger Shawna, at 5:37 PM  

And that, my darlin Plankton, is why you are my favorite..

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:07 PM  

Hey Beverly... I love this post. You clearly have great kids, but I know you know that :)

I that is one of the richest blessings of having children; the everyday things of life become profound because of them.

By Blogger Laurie, at 9:25 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home