Monday, June 12, 2006

Whenever I see your smiling face I have to smile myself because I love you, yes I do*


I will miss this face for the next six weeks. I love my girl. She was my first baby and taught me all about what love is...I am a better person for having this girl in my life.
Whitney and I went to Thailand 7 years ago and on the airplane ride home, she looked at me and vowed she would return. So...she and two other friends are going to work in Bangkok telling others about someone who she loves so much...Jesus...Isn't that so cool?...This was the girl that, as a 4 year old, heard about Saddam Hussein as we watched the Gulf War happen. I told her that he didn't know about Jesus. So every night Whitney insisted that we pray for him..oh man, I'm sure we were the only family in America praying for this monster..then after I told her the exciting news that the war had ended, she wanted us all to go over and tell him about Jesus...precious little heart..
She had me up at 4:30 this am to get her there on time...I took her to the airport and watched her go through security and she smiled and waved at me until she was out of sight..
So take out your pen and please write my baby's name down and keep her in your prayers for the next 6 weeks...WHITNEY...

gonna go take a little nap...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


*From "Your Smiling Face" by James Taylor

13 comment(s):

That is one precious child. I love her too. You two are so dang cute together I can hardly stand it. Really. I mean it. Precious.

By Blogger Candy, at 12:42 PM  

you done good Bev you done good

By Blogger happytheman, at 1:13 PM  

She does have a precious heart. Keep us posted on how she is doing over there.

By Blogger Jeans, at 2:47 PM  

Sounds like a great adventure!

Ava

By Blogger Ava, at 2:53 PM  

What a beautiful girl... I can see you in her smiling face, Beverly!
Warmest Wishes to Whitney Wherever she Wanders

By Blogger gracie, at 3:58 PM  

That is so awesome..... To me it answers Jack Johnson's song "good people". What an accomplishment for you too.... Raising such a wonderful daughter! I can only guess you son is just as special!

By Blogger Flake, at 6:39 AM  

Just to clarify... As in the "good people" went to Bangkok ;-)

By Blogger Flake, at 7:02 AM  

Candy..precious..yes

happy...ugh..don't know if I want to take the credit but thanks..God has done amazing things with her..

jeans..yep, I will

ava..everytime i read your name i sing this litte Eva Peron song that Antonio Banderos sang in Evita..haha..thanks for dropping by..adventure it will be

gracie..I'll take that as a compliment.thanks

lynette..I guess its harder to let go during a time when your grasp is not so tight on other things..

kyle...buddy..Jack Johnson..haven't heard "Good People" ..maybe Plankton will hook us up or Clint!! My son is a different kind of special.haahaha..he's all boy and I could just eat him up, but still is ready for me to pray with him every night. Don't tell him I told you that...He would love to hangout with an outdoorsy guy like you...

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:24 AM  

I think im going to have to pass.. He shaves his legs..

By Blogger Flake, at 7:40 AM  

haahahaha

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:42 AM  

Sage! So true, buddy..so true..how wonderful to have that comfort and that is what Whitney is excited to tell the Thai college students she'll be working with..

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:57 PM  

I will think of and pray for Whitney. What an awesome journey...

By Blogger Laurie, at 8:16 PM  

thanks laurie!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:14 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home