Thursday, August 17, 2006

*Life is worth less than nothing without love


So, I have a little girl in my class who will not lay her head down on her mat. I am sitting beside her trying to talk to her about it and she is defiant. I take her in the hall and we have an eye to eye, heart to heart. After much convincing she goes in with me and lays down. She is playing with my bracelet as she says, "There are no bad people here..?" "No, Katie, there are no bad people here.", I say. "I just hope my family doesn't go to jail. ", Katie tells me. I lean over her telling her how proud I am of her that she has actually laid her head on her mat when she puts her arms around my neck pulling me to her not letting go. "Its all okay Katie." I assure her. Man, now shes one of my favorites. Why do four year olds have to worry about things like this? Today we had the same problem again and she just finally exclaimed, " I am just allergic to naps!"

Alex is a wandering throw a fit kind of kid. He has driven us crazy all day but touched my heart before the day was over. He was sitting on the child size couch in the Home Living Center so I sat down beside him. He picked up a phone and handed it to me and picked up the play cell phone. He told me to call him and I dialed the number. Alex and I sat on that little couch talking to each other for about half an hour. He told me he loved me.

Well, guys its a dirty job but somebody's got to do it! Am I exhausted?.. Yes..Is my heart full?...you better believe it!!

Lord, please show me how to love each one of these kids as you would want me to...

*From "Someone" by James Taylor

11 comment(s):

oh man, God has placed you right in the hearts of those kids and He DOES know what he's doing! I knew you'd be perfect there, Bev, and now it's being confirmed. Please continue to share these stories. I'll be praying for Katie and Alex tonight (oh! and TJ!!) Be blessed my friend and sleep well.

By Blogger Candy, at 7:30 PM  

yeah sleep well you deserve and God has been so faithful to all of us.

peace out sweetie. Candy no smooching on your picture profile :)

By Blogger happytheman, at 8:38 PM  

Well I suppose there cannot possibly be any lingering doubts as to whether you've been placed there for a reason.

Do you need a teaching assistant? I could teach the kids constitutional law...

By Blogger Jim V, at 6:56 AM  

Wowsers. What a day! You're going to emotionally wear yourself out if you are not careful. But what a great ministry.

By Blogger Demosthenes, at 8:15 AM  

I got chills reading that.

By Blogger Shawna, at 5:16 PM  

candy..yep and believe me its humbling..TJ is so awesome...

Happy...God is faithful...

Jim..I am so glad you are a part of our family here...please, yes, I could use you!!:)

Demo..hahaha..too late worn out but new strength everyday..

plankton..awww...

lynette..its a working weekend..

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:06 PM  

I think you are a wonderful teacher! I am positive that the kids feel lots of love everytime they are around you!

By Blogger Jeans, at 10:44 AM  

Well I'm very grateful for being accepted so easily around here. You guys are all great.

I'll fly out for the teacher assistant position right away. I think the first lesson will be "Res Ipsa Loquitur: A Brief History of Barrels Falling out of Windows."

There will be an essay exam immediately following the lecture.



P.S. Believe it or not, this is probably funny if you're a lawyer.

By Blogger Jim V, at 1:01 PM  

"There are no bad people here..." Geez - why do kids have to worry about bad people???

Thank GOD they have you!

By Blogger Scott, at 9:14 PM  

:.)

By Blogger Clint, at 7:23 AM  

I echo Scott's words.. thank God they have you to love them and learn from.

By Blogger Laurie, at 2:19 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home