Monday, May 07, 2007

I just got to say....

I am so thankful for my friends...I am a bit overwhelmed today with the Divorce being final this week. I spent the day going into offices and getting bills changed into my name and leaving each office in tears. But today I have spent some hours on the phone with my very good friend. This friend has absolutely been there and I was moved to utter a prayer of thanks before we got off the phone. Tonight some other friends will not take no for an answer and are taking me out. These two have sat in my sh... with me and held my hands and I am grateful.

I thank God for the rock He has been and for the people who's hearts he's spoken to and they have listened. Yep, what a mighty God.

I also shaved my legs today and painted my toenails...We are gonna be just fine.

Those of you who have written me lately and commented so sweetly and with such love and support(its silly I guess to be so encouraged and watch hopefully for someone's comment but I have and it has meant so much)..man, its so awesome! Laura G what you wrote to me today was so special and I love you...Janet your two emails this week warmed my heart. Jeremy just being there and your calls and cheri for all that you have done and Jim for you to stop by and show me you were thinking of me will never be forgotten. I love you all and I thank you from my heart..thank you.

16 comment(s):

Hmm. I posted a comment, but now it's gone - lost in cyberspace. I'm reposting with trepidation - seems like the lost post always reappears when I do this. Maybe not this time....

Anyway...

Sounds like a rough day. :-(

I'm glad you've got friends who are there to love on you and try to help you through. Friends are a great gift from God.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 6:49 PM  

I was GOING to shave my legs today, but you made it sound so ... IDK ... "girly."

You've been there for other people - it's only right that they should be there for you over the past year.

Hey, whaddya say to a person who's just finalized a divorce? "Congratulations?" Well, whatever you say, consider it said.

By Blogger Scott, at 8:55 PM  

Ummm, Bev... I really appreciate your kind words and all, but I just wanted to check something out here....


.... you're still paying me to leave comments, right? I mean, that WAS our deal...



KIDDING!!!!! Leave it to me to turn to humor at just the WRONG moment. The fact is that we should be paying YOU just for the right to read this blog. You are an inspiration.

Maybe this was just in my school, but when I was growing up one student would always be chosen to clean the blackbaords at the end of the day. We had this cool little eraser scrubber-vacuum thing, so I was always a volunteer. (Yes, I was a nerd.)

But I loved it because no matter how messed up the board got, and no matter how poorly the teacher did at erasing all the little marks on the board, I would go in with that sponge and water and get it perfectly clean, all marks erased. Even back then (before I admitted my severe OCD issues!!) I appreciated a nice clean blackboard.

You've had to do a lot of erasing in your life lately, and just like a blackboard, it's very hard to get every little mark off the board. And even if you do, there's this thin film of chalk dust that hangs on the board until it's washed clean.

Well, the divorce is final now and the board has been washed clean. And as we all know, God will clean that board for us every day, all we have to do is ask.

So yes, Bev, you've done a lot of erasing lately and it's been difficult to do. But now the board is clean, time to start fresh and refill that board with a life that you design.

By Blogger Jim V, at 3:37 AM  

And to fill it with swirls and flowers in BRIGHT colors! Jim is right, Bev. I know this is painful and messy and in one sense it doesn't just end here. But in another sense, the board has been washed clean. And we are here for you as you begin drawing again.

Love you...thanks for listening to our good news the other night. You are so special to J and me. We love you SO much!

By Blogger Katie, at 8:13 AM  

Beverly, your in my prayers...and I believe that you should "give" yourself time to mourn if you need too...trying to be strong is good , but I think it's important to allow yourself to grieve....It will make you STRONGER. You are soo blessed to have such great people who help you and make you laugh...

your going to come through shining!!!

xxoo Dina

By Blogger Dina, at 11:08 AM  

I love love love that you shaved your legs and painted your toes. Just keep doing that, Bev.

I just learn so much from you, and I thank you for your open heart that has blessed so many of us. When you had every reason to pack in it, to stop loving and giving, you respond with gratitude, understanding, and love. I feel soooo thankful to call you friend.

By Blogger Laurie, at 12:01 PM  

bev, i don't think it is silly (and that's all that matters, right?) to watch and hope for comments and emails from folks you love. even if everything is going fine for me and i post about something silly, i still find myself hoping for acknowledgement and a nod of support. so then when people know things are crappy and those comments and emails come, they mean even MORE.

can't imagine how hard it must be to go change things into your name... i think you should sit down with a container of ice cream and eat the whole thing right outta the box, with your feet up of course, so you can admire your painted toenails.

By Blogger laura g, at 1:45 PM  

All the words I want to pile in your lap like bunches of freshly picked wildflowers seem pitifully inadequate because I'm not sure what would bring the most comfort to you - perhaps it is just presence. So I'm here. A few days late... but I'm here.
Consider yourself hugged.

By Blogger gracie, at 4:57 PM  

Hugs from me too.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 9:41 PM  

Beverly -- You are stepping out into a new life now. I know God will surprise you with so many blessings you never imagined. I'm sad for you at the end of your marriage, but excited for you at what lies ahead.

If you ever take a road trip to Little Rock, margaritas are on me.

By Blogger Deana Nall, at 6:27 AM  

You are in my thoughts and prayers. If I was there a big hug would be yours!

(Did you get the Email I sent you last week?)

By Blogger Deb, at 4:29 PM  

miss bev, i'm so very thankful that you have god in your life to help you through your ups and downs! you are in my thoughts and prayers...as i'm sure you are in kyle's too! :)

By Blogger leigh anna, at 8:25 AM  

rejoyce..yes, friends are a gift and I count you as one..thank you

jeremiah..hmmm..not sure I have something funky but I'll look..thanks buddy..

scott..you are a girl if you shave your legs..

jim v...check is in the mail..thanks..

katie...such precious new friends I have gained this year..I love you and Jeremiah...

dina..I so appreciate you saying its okay to take time to mourn..it seems like some people are wanting me to get on to the victory story..
thanks so much..

laurie..as I feel thankful to call you mine..


laura g...hey..wanna come over for a gallon of mint chocolate chip?

dear gracie..thank you for the hug and the poetic comment..you have a way with words that touch the heart..

vonnie..hug back..

deanna...hmmm..only time I have been to Little Rock is heading towards Nashville but you are making it sound very inviting..thanks so much to you and chad...

deb...I feel the prayers thank you..nope didn't get an email?

leighanna..well sweetheart...welcome and how sweet of you to come comment when we have only just met..tell Kyle Hello..and yes, I don't know how people get through this kind of stuff without our precious God.

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:37 AM  

Happy Mother's Day!!

By Blogger Jim V, at 5:53 AM  

Happy Mother's Day, Beverly!

By Blogger Laurie, at 9:13 AM  

It only gets better from here, Bevie.

By Blogger Lucas, at 3:34 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home