Sunday, May 06, 2007

There goes my hero*


He's walked that course everyday. He slings his disc bag full of discs he's found in the creek and jumps in the van to go play.

Sam entered the 3rd Annual Discrazy Shootout in Amarillo this weekend. I asked his Dad if he would take him so they set out on Friday and are leaving Amarillo right now.

Sam texted me yesterday and said, "I'm in First. Don't call." I was so excited first, Sam was in first place and second, Sam is not suppose to have his cell phone on but sneaked and texted me. So precious.

Just talked to Sam and he won First place after all three rounds in his division!!!

Its been a tough one for Sam..not being able to play football ....not making the baseball team...not to mention everything going on a home..so this is great for my boy. He has shown so much courage in these last few months and he has hung in. In so many ways he is my hero.

*From "My Hero" by Foo Fighters

6 comment(s):

So what did he win? A life-time supply of rolling papers???

Seriously, that is JUST what the boy needed. CONGRATULATIONS.

By Blogger Scott, at 4:19 PM  

Scott..rolling papers..now what would you know about rolling papers?
He won like $60 worth of disc golf merchandise. Hey, thanks for being his friend!

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:22 PM  

So excited for Sam. A big congrats to him.

By Blogger Laurie, at 6:49 PM  

WAY TO GO SAM!!!!! That is soooo awesome!!!

By Blogger Dina, at 10:36 PM  

Way to go Sam!! That's amazing! I'm so proud of him, and glad for you, Bev!

By Blogger Katie, at 7:46 AM  

laurie...thanks, I'll give it to him!

dina..awesome...yep

clint..he took his plaque to school today.

katie..proud and glad..good things..thanks girl.

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:34 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home