Friday, April 28, 2006

my day...

Okay..so I had to do a 360 on a jumprope in my PE class today to get a grade. Now, let's go over this again Prof., Beverly has not jumped rope in a very long time...I don't think Beverly can do this. "You are going to do it today, I am going to get you to do it." she said enthusiastically..Ugh, I hate it when teachers say that..I mean what if I don't..somehow that makes me look like a bigger idiot after she has said that..So we first started as teams working with the long rope. Hello..that is scarey to go running into a moving rope and then you want me to jump and then run out without the rope hitting me. Okay, I got that after a few trial runs. Now, its time to work on the 360. Hello..ya'll I am going to buy me a jumprope because my heart was jumping out of my chest. It is good exercise! Well, I finally got it..okay so the entire class had left except for my teacher and my precious little partner.

I am very excited because there are suppose to be some really rough storms tonight. I hope that it will be timed in such a way to come when I crawl into my bed and snuggle in my covers and be lulled to sleep by the thunder..

Its been a really crazy week and I have thought alot about things. Things just happen at the oddest times and you feel overwhelmed but then you are reminded that God is in control and He loves you. He loves us all and I pray that you take comfort in that this evening.. I love you..

10 comment(s):

That's so funny about the jump rope! I also hope it storms tonight, though I hope not until after the concert I am going to. The concert is supposed to be outside, so we'll see.

By Blogger Jeans, at 3:33 PM  

And what exactly were you supposed to prove by doing a 360? Sorry, PE Coach, but that seems asinine to me.

By Blogger English Professor, at 3:37 PM  

Yeah, me too - we got graded on jump-roping in, like, grade 3. My how the curriculum has sagged when a senior in college is doing grade 3 work.

By Blogger Scott, at 6:08 PM  

Crap I still jump rope, they made me do it through college, and they make me do it at my workout group. I think they just like to see me hurt myself.

By Blogger happytheman, at 7:18 PM  

okay..here's the deal its a PE class for Elementary Teachers..so..we have to do stuff that we might be doing in our class..yeah right..

I am buying me a jumprope cause my heart beat harder then when i have done Tae Bo or running..

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:31 PM  

bev. we have got to jump together! i have a rope! of course, i haven't used it in quite some time. i also love tae bo and i need someone to encourage me!!! come on girl, let's have some fun!

By Blogger Candy, at 8:58 PM  

Ouch, the KNEES!

By Blogger Deb, at 3:57 AM  

deb..i was just about to go post on your blog that you haven't been around lately..just wondering if you were ok.

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:03 AM  

Candy..okay..I can do that TaeBo.."Speed bag..DOUBLE TIME"...I hit myself in the face once when I was doing the speed bag!

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:06 AM  

Yes, I got it Amelia..I was the very last one!!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 12:23 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home