Saturday, May 13, 2006

On and on you will hike and I know you'll hike far and face up to your problems whatever they are.*



Spending the day back in the Kindergarten class to finish up my intern hours yesterday...so good to see all my little precious friends again....show and tell was precious...helping them wrap up their Mother's day presents to take home..even more precious..it was field day and they all were excited that they had their bathing suits under their clothes... Jaryn kept pulling her shirt up to show everyone her two piece top to the surprise of her classmates who were saying,"Oh..her belly button..put it down Jaryn!"...kelsey cuddling in my lap just felt so good...if you ever need some sweet hugs and plenty of love, go visit a Kindergarten class....
We are on the rug listening to the boy's show and tell when Nakia walks in late..there is a problem because in order to participate in gameday she must pay for her books..no money from home...she comes and puts her head on my arm washing it with her tears..she is crying from the depths of her little heart..of course her precious teacher is on the phone to try to resolve the problem and she does...we all line up to go to the Library and Nakia is holding tight to my hand and is calming down now that it looks like she might be able to participate..We go to the Library where they are to listen to two books on the computers and then they may choose any game on the floor to play...I join Langston and Jared at the lego play station...Nakia comes and joins us...she brings dominoes over and wants me to play with her...I was showing her how you could set them up and then knock one down and they would all fall down..as we are sitting there busy with our dominoes I ask her some questions.."What happened to your eye?"..she shrugs and looks in my eyes and says.."Well, I can't tell you."..I ask her who she lives with and she said she lives with her Grandmother and Aunt.."When I was crying it was about my Mom because she is in jail because she didn't pay her bills.".."Nakia..I am sorry but you know what you are going to do great..you are great.." I asked her if her Grandmother says that and she smiled and said, "Yes."
So..I was thinking that Nakia and her Mom will have a different kind of Mother's day..my heart goes out to both of them..

Dear God..be with those little ones whose hearts are broken at such a young age...cover them with your protection and love...

*From "Oh the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss

8 comment(s):

I pray that Nakia will know the Mother heart of God today. And I love "Oh the Places You'll Go".

By Blogger Candy, at 6:16 AM  

oh how sad...
I pray that God will give you the words to use in situations like these... that children like Nakia will see and know the heart of Jesus in you.

By Blogger gracie, at 6:20 AM  

oh yes..me too Candy..

Gracie..oh man..i can't wait to get in the classroom..oh the places we'll go ;)..please pray..this next week i go job hunting..

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:36 AM  

6 more hours..wow..and a "bless you" from Lynette..its going to be a good day..

By Blogger Beverly, at 9:01 AM  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You did it!!!

By Blogger Scott, at 5:15 PM  

good job beverly you are now my new hero.

May the God of our Fathers and our Lord Jesus give Nakia the blessed of days

By Blogger happytheman, at 5:44 PM  

congrats! i cheered for you really loud! wahoo!

By Blogger Katie, at 8:56 PM  

tms...I saw you up there..thanks for whistling for me!

scott..thanks buddy..

happy..hmm..i am your new hero?..that is nice..are you coming next weekend?

lynette.."my life is divinely guided..." thanks for that one..

katie...awww you are a sweetheart...could you believe they put me on the front row?

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:28 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home