Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Fred the White Pelican

This is a white pelican...Frustrated Writer told me about the white pelicans. I would go out to Nelson Park because there were alot out on the back pond. They are so beautiful and they are really big. I read about them on the Internet...about how they move together like a big boat..There were always like 20 or 30 together. Well, I have been going out to Nelson in the mornings and noticed they were all gone...guess they went back to wherever they go...well, all except one...Fred appeared one day and I was so excited to see him. But...he is the only pelican now..it made me feel sad for him. The other day I walked around the jogging track and as I passed the big pond Fred was moving along with me in the water. Then yesterday I drove out and didn't see him anywhere and was kinda sad then turned and looked out my window again and there he was... I went back this morning and there he was...much closer..a lady walked by and said, "Good morning. Are you going to feed the ducks?" I said, "No, I have come to watch that pelican." She looked over and shrugged and walked on. This afternoon I went by again and there he was curled up with all those ducks right by the road. I slowly drove up and cut the engine. There he was just three feet from me. I noticed that weird thing on their beak..hmmm interesting. Then I talked to Fred..It was really cool..
Okay..I think I need a vacation..I have been studying too much..I have this Walden Pond thing happening...but...if you go out to Nelson Park go to the back pond and look for Fred...I hope you get to see him because he is beautiful..!

6 comment(s):

i can't believe you keep going out there without me. call me sometime.

By Blogger Candy, at 7:06 PM  

Did you tell Fred I said "Wassup?" He ain't called me yet!

By Blogger Scott, at 9:11 PM  

I got to meet Fred!!! He's everything Beverly said he was and more. What a wingspan! He is beautiful.

By Blogger Candy, at 6:07 AM  

Uh Abilene has a Pelican. Dude the thing probably needs a counselor.

As for Bev, you got to do what you got to do. A friend of mine is looking at ministry jobs in Abilene and Lubbock, his comment is, I know they are great opportunities but it's Abilene and Lubbock.

By Blogger happytheman, at 6:20 AM  

Now, did he introduce himself as Fred, or did you name him that? :)

By Blogger Jeans, at 8:12 AM  

Scott...not yet...we haven't really talked that much but I will tell him tomorrow..

Lynette..me too..i love it

Candy...oh and fred liked you candy..i could tell

happy..hahahha..very funny..hey..abilene has a zoo..tell your friend that...

jeans...i named him...it just seemed like the thing to do..

By Blogger Beverly, at 2:56 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home