Friday, June 23, 2006

Beauty for Ashes


Beauty for Ashes by Crystal Lewis

He gives beauty for ashes
Strength for fear
Gladness for mourning
Peace for despair

When sorrow seems to surround you
When suffering hangs heavy o’er your head
Know that tomorrow brings
Wholeness and healing
God knows your need
Just believe what He said


When what you’ve done keeps you from moving on
When fear wants to make itself at home in your heart
Know that forgiveness brings
Wholeness and healing
God knows your need
Just believe what He said


I once was lost but God has found me
Though I was bound I’ve been set free
I’ve been made righteous in His sight
A display of His splendor all can see


How's your heart feeling today?

17 comment(s):

Great lyrics. Real truth there. Today my heart is real. My heart is true.

By Blogger Candy, at 5:37 AM  

It's interesting to sit here and try to decide how my heart is feeling. It's not something I normally think about on a conscious level.

I guess my heart feels a bit apprehensive about some things, yet I have a feeling of well-being that seems to cover the apprehension. How's that for contradictory?

Today I will also have a real heart, a true heart.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 5:51 AM  

My heart is excited...because some exciting things are happening this weekend. Also relieved because it's Friday, and tomorrow I get to relax. I love this song, Bev. And the picture is beautiful!

P.S. Don't you ever sleep?

By Blogger Katie, at 8:04 AM  

Candy...real hearts that's what we want, right girl..

Joyce...contradictory..umm..my life story..hahaha..let's form a real hearts club..

Katie...wow..wonder what's happening this weekend..and no I don't get much sleep lately..its okay...God is showing me lots of good stuff..I'll get sleep soon..

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:21 AM  

Oooh. A club. I like that! I haven't been in a club since I was a kid.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 10:49 AM  

Eh, my heart's ok - thanks for asking

...

By Blogger Scott, at 10:51 AM  

A Club!! I'm in - I hope.

By Blogger Candy, at 12:57 PM  

joyce..yes a club..no dues..

scott...awesome..that's a good place to be buddy..I'm glad its ok..would you like to be in our club?

discom...babe..take some medicine for that..no worries

candy...you're in, you are president///

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:08 PM  

Discom - yes you SHOULD be worried - for our health and well-being.

Beverly - thanks - I've got this other club going - maybe I'll invite you to it. Maybe.

By Blogger Scott, at 3:31 PM  

Scott..another club..alright have it your way..let me know if I can join...

Sage..yep, you are right..Isaiah 61! awww..what a sweet wife

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:31 PM  

beautiful post!!!

By Blogger Danielle, at 8:23 PM  

thanks danielle!

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:07 AM  

Ew. I didn't know you were going to invite boys to join the club. ;-)

By Blogger reJoyce, at 8:17 PM  

joyce..hahahahahhahahhahahah..we can rethink that one babe!

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:38 PM  

Oooh, I want to join the Real Hearts Club! Can I? Can I please?

By Blogger Katie, at 8:49 PM  

Katie...you better believe you can join the Real Hearts Club!! I love you,girl!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:34 AM  

Thanks BeV!!!

By Blogger rambouillet, at 3:11 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home