Sunday, June 25, 2006

I love impulsiveness!!!!


Mark 14:1-9
Jesus Anointed at Bethany
Now the Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread were only two days away, and the chief priests and the teachers of the law were looking for some sly way to arrest Jesus and kill him. 2"But not during the Feast," they said, "or the people may riot."
3While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head.
4Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, "Why this waste of perfume? 5It could have been sold for more than a year's wages[a] and the money given to the poor." And they rebuked her harshly.
6"Leave her alone," said Jesus. "Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 7The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. 8She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. 9I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."



First of all, I love it that Jesus took the most random people and built a beautiful lesson on what they were doing. He never said, "Hey, look at that great leader who can translate the Bible and can speak articulately about religious matters..man, be like him!" No, Jesus brought attention to those thought lowly and lifted them up. That just blows my mind!! Second, I love the impulsiveness of this woman. She just came in and broke that dad gum jar and did exactly what was on her heart whether she looked a fool or not.
People, go be impulsive...its a blast and Jesus really digs it!!

3 comment(s):

Sage...well, maybe people would look and say to themselves,"Man, that reminds me, I have really been a butt lately!"

By Blogger Beverly, at 12:10 PM  

good one bev!

By Blogger Candy, at 2:36 PM  

First of all, everyone STOP looking at my butt ...

Secondly, and more seriously, this post ROCKS! Speaking as the generally LESS impulsive brother, that's an awesome point.

By Blogger Scott, at 4:15 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home