Friday, June 23, 2006

O Romeo, Romeo, brave Mercutio is dead!


Hey guys....This afternoon a buddy of mine asked me to come watch practice at the ACU theatre. He is in town from Louisiana to choreograph the fight scenes in Romeo and Juliet and he wanted me to go watch him in action. So..I got to see brave Mercutio die like 3 times today..
Okay blogging group...who wants to go see Romeo and Juliet with me? It will be fun....its free...some of you I haven't met and it would be cool. Discom and Ram maybe you could come in from the metro area..wouldn't that be a blast!! We can go out afterwards and talk Shakespeare!
I'll post the dates..but I think its like the weekend of July 9th!

13 comment(s):

I'll phone in and listen while somebody describes all the action...

"Romeo stage left...three steps"

"Juliet turns upstageright - looks back at Romeo"

"Some dog walks onto the stage, the owner comes running after it"

"Director loses his temper - adds text to the scene"

By Blogger Scott, at 4:53 PM  

Scott and I will both call!

By Blogger Shawna, at 5:54 PM  

sage..what!!! alrighty I am going to check it out !! aww..you don't scare me...well..okay maybe you do..well at least your icon does..

scott and plankton..i will be expecting your calls!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:37 PM  

Can we do a confrence call... I have a wedding to attend that weekend. I will be spending the weekend with the "lost" cycling geek...

By Blogger Flake, at 6:58 PM  

sounds good kyle...

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:15 PM  

Thanks for checking out my blog. Yours is pretty cool as well. I will be back to check you out some more!

By Blogger Danielle, at 8:24 PM  

Sounds like it will be fun for you! I want to hear all about it!!!

Ava

By Blogger Ava, at 9:32 PM  

okay..well thanks guys basically that is nobody...haha that's okay!

scott...what are you talking about seriously..you act like you are on drugs lately...

danielle ...welcome glad you stopped by!

ava..eva peron had every disadvantage..sorry i love evita..ok i will tell you all about it!

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:07 AM  

ME ME ME!!! I want to go!! So does Geoff and I think it would be cool for Max, too!

By Blogger Candy, at 6:24 AM  

yea..okay Candy its a date!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:34 AM  

I want to go too! Or at least perhaps see y'all there. My roommates and I are going to come, both to that one and The Triumph of Love. Get excited!

By the way, Bev, at least our blogger friends all said they WANTED to come. Guess they can't help it if they live in locales more exotic than Abilene. :)

By Blogger Katie, at 8:47 PM  

don't you wish just one time Mercutio would win?

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 6:31 AM  

katie...yea...we should get there early and all sit together...

fw..funny you should say that..as i watched practice the other day they did the fight scene over and over and everytime i would let out a gasp the guys looked up at me and i said man it just gets to me everytime..
I also wish Yeller hadn't died and oh yeah Bambi's mom!

By Blogger Beverly, at 6:45 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home