Friday, June 22, 2007

I like to ride my bike, all around, I like to ride my bike, all over town*



I bought me a bike at WalMart for $53.00! I love it..her name is "Louise." She's a sweet ride. Okay, so she weighs like 40 pounds. She's a good bike and will serve me nicely as I get some exercise and see the country and save on gas in the meantime.

I remember the day I learned to ride a bicycle. I lived in Macclenny, Florida. I can still hear the screams, "keep pedaling, keep pedaling" as the clothes on the clothesline hit me in the face but allowed me clearance without a crash.

Now I have a planner, new sheets and a bike...what more do I need?

From "The Bicycle Song" by Nothin' Special

8 comment(s):

Eh, don't get too bent on the weight of the bike. I've spent a lot of money shaving a pound or two off from my bike - meanwhile, I'm carrying around an extra thirty on my body.

Ride like the wind. Or, as I've learned in Abilene, "Ride IN the wind."

By Blogger Scott, at 11:41 AM  

My brother in law has a new $6,000 bike that weighs 14.6 pounds (it's a Bianchi Scott!!) and he doesn't ride it.

You have a 40 pound bike that you got for $53.00 and you ride it all the time.

Which is the better bike???

By Blogger Jim V, at 2:00 PM  

Bev, why aren't I linked to your blog? What's up with that? And Scott, what do you think of that lovely bike in my garage?

By Blogger Cole, at 7:35 AM  

bev, you had me dying laughing here with your description of riding the bike through the clothesline! hilarious! have fun tooling around town!

By Blogger janet, at 8:24 AM  

jeremy...no way!!

scott...hahaha

jim v..$6000? oh my goodness!!

cole..I don't know why you aren't..??

janet..thank you for commenting on my oh so clever use of words...

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:34 PM  

Jim - God bless Bianchi!

Cole - Your new ride is sweet - I even took it for a spin.

Beverly - Looks like I've commandeered the comment section of your blog ;-)

By Blogger Scott, at 5:17 PM  

since scott has taken over your comment section, i'm going to hijack your titling and next time you post about your cycling, i'd like a little "i want to ride my bicycle, i want to ride my bike" from queen. ;)

By Blogger janet, at 7:02 PM  

janet!...I was looking for that but thought it was I like to ride my bicycle my bicycle ...way to go girl!

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:41 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home