Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tell me why, oh tell me why*


Question: Five people die when a bridge collapses, did God take them for a reason or did they just die because of the weakness in the structure of the bridge?



*From "Tell Me Why" by Genesis

9 comment(s):

when you find the answer let me know

By Blogger Clint, at 7:43 PM  

Not an easy question, is it? Some people would claim to know the answer to that one, but I am not one of them. I've about decided that some things are just beyond my ken and it's only going to make me frustrated to try and figure it out. So, I've adopted the "it's a mystery" stance and figure I'll just work on how I respond to such things. Otherwise I think I might go crazy. (Sorry, that's not much of an answer.)

By Blogger reJoyce, at 6:32 AM  

shawna.black@gmail.com

By Blogger Shawna, at 6:32 PM  

I have no.....ummmm. Wow. It is midnight I am going to have sleep on it. This is a tough question.

By Blogger preacherman, at 9:42 PM  

Great post.
I believe that God allows things to happen. Yes, God is still God but God doesn't cause things to happen such as bridges to collapes. Things occur from day to day and as they do we put our trust in God knowing that He is still God. Again great post. I enjoyed your blog. You make me think. I like that a alot. God bless you in the name of Lord Jesus Christ. I will be reading your blog often even though, I may not comment all the time. Again, excellent questions that we must ask in order to increase our faith in God.

By Blogger preacherman, at 8:47 PM  

clint...now that's not fair..

rejoyce.."its a mystery" is a good stance..

shawna..thanks..just missing ya

preacherman..thank for your insight and thanks for stopping by and thanks for giving me that blessing.

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:45 AM  

Why not both? We don't have to wonder whether God's hand was at work. It always is. Even when that work seems strange to us or even plain wrong. Everything in this world happens for one of two reasons: God intended it, or God allowed free will to run its course. But either way, God had his hand in it. Like Rejoyce above, I don't understand how this fits into God's plan. But I know it does, I have faith that it does, even though I don't understand it.

By Blogger Jim V, at 3:25 AM  

were you reading the Australian news? this happened last weekend not far from my place...

By Blogger gracie, at 7:54 PM  

Is this from "the book?"

By Blogger Cole, at 7:32 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home