Saturday, May 20, 2006

Seize the Day....


I was reading Happy's blog and was thinking about how sometimes I get so "me" oriented that I forget about what God asks of me today....to show others His love today... He wants me to pair off with Him and together just have a good old time loving people..This reminded me of this Carolyn Arrends song that I just love...
So...today, like Happy reminded me, I want to look in His eyes and then touch everyone I can with His love...Guys, have an amazing day knowing that God loves you and there is not a thing you can do to earn that or to stop him from loving you...

Seize the Day
by Carolyn Arrends

Seize the day, seize whatever you can
'Cause life slips away just like hourglass sand
Seize the day, pray for grace from God's hand
Then nothing will stand in your way
Seize the Day

Well I know a doctor, a fine day
young physician
Left his six figure job for a mission position
He's healing the sick in an African clinic
He works in the dirt and writes home to the cynics
He says
"We work through the night so most every day
As we watch the sun rise we can say..."


Seize the day, seize whatever you can
'Cause life slips away just like hourglass sand
Seize the day, pray for grace from God's hand
Then nothing will stand in your way
Seize the day

I know a man who's been doing some thinking
He's as bitter and cold as the whiskey he's drinking
He's talking 'bout fear, about chances not taken
If you listen to him you can hear his heart breaking
He says "One day you're a boy and the next day you're dead
I wish way back when someone had said..."

Seize the day, seize whatever you can
'Cause life slips away just like hourglass sand
Seize the day, pray for grace from God's hand
Then nothing will stand in your way
Seize the day

Well one thing I've noticed wherever I wander
Everyone's got a dream he can follow or squander
You can do what you will with the days you are given
I'm trying to spend mine on the business of living
So I'm singing my songs off of any old stage
You can laugh if you want, I'll still say...

12 comment(s):

Hey Clint..think you could find this song?

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:49 AM  

Seize The Day

By Blogger Clint, at 5:26 PM  

Whatever happen to Carolyn Arends?

By Blogger happytheman, at 8:16 PM  

i don't know

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:18 PM  

that's exactly what they talked about today at the conference. Thanks for coming today, Bev. It meant the world to me.

By Blogger Candy, at 8:29 PM  

Oh Candy..thank you for calling me..I was so excited to do it..Max was adorable!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:44 PM  

oh yeah, he is always adorable! :o)

By Blogger Candy, at 4:34 AM  

Great post! Powerful lyrics.

Thank you!

Ava

By Blogger Ava, at 7:01 AM  

Hi, Beverly. Hope the little conflict was my site didn't upset you--I just read it today, and will be replying tomorrow.

Hope your week-end's been good!

By Blogger English Professor, at 5:08 PM  

EP...no, no, no..I wasn't responding to any banter just the surprise of the misinformation of this charity. I felt bad for you and for our troops..
no..it takes alot more than that to upset me..:)

ava..i know..this cd of her's is so good..i love every song on it..
welcome!!

Clint..thank you..so excited about my new old couch:)

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:23 PM  

Bev!! I hope you are doing well. I just started my new job in Belton today and had some down time. Thanks for sharing this song. It has always been one of my favorites! Congrats on graduating! Love you! Mandy

By Blogger Mandy, at 12:06 PM  

chad..i feel the same way..

mandy..oh darlin..are you doing a youth internship?..Belton?..so are you going to be able to get together with Clint and Lauren..I miss them already and you!!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:29 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home