Thursday, May 18, 2006

Tell me why, tell me why*

I am so totally bummed...I made one A and the rest Bs...I have made nothing but As since coming back to school..Its not the actually Bs that bum me out, its the circumstances...It may sound silly that I would sit and cry at my computer as I look at my grade report...alot of people would have been happy with it..

Okay..my math teacher..my average was 91.3 at the end..92 is an A...she gave me a B! Man, 7 tenths of a point.
Okay..my P.E. teacher...I made an A on everything in her class...but when I turned in my notebook it didn't have a cover sheet. I tried to call cell phone and home phone to take one by....no...she gave me a B!
I go out to the pond this morning and pray that God will give me the stillness I see in the water...
I need to let it go its just that I worked so hard through such crap this semester..
(sorry I said crap)...
I am just dissappointed in these two teachers..and trying very hard not to be dissappointed in myself..

*From "Tell Me Why" by Neil Young

16 comment(s):

don't you wish you graduated with honor like me, don't you.

to be sung to the toon of "don't you wish your girl friend was hot like me."

By Blogger Clint, at 7:37 AM  

grace ain’t got nothing on me
How bout,
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Beverly graduated
But still in a hue

By Blogger Clint, at 7:44 AM  

Clint!!how funny that you even know that song...precious clint..wrote me a sweet poem..(now listen..you know you don't want to miss a road trip with your two favorite sisters Bev and Candy..you'll regret it..)

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:00 AM  

Oh come on Beverly, "Don't Let It Bring You Down". You are now known as Beverly College Graduate.

By Blogger happytheman, at 10:38 AM  

happy you're right "its only castles burning"...

no, my daughter has been giving me a good talking too..i love my kids..

By Blogger Beverly, at 11:00 AM  

Yeah, and like I told you before, none of us like a straight-A student anyways.

Someone needs to throw that PE teacher into Gata Fountain. What? There's no water in Gata Fountain anymore? All the better, we get to watch her bleeeeeed.

By Blogger Scott, at 12:47 PM  

Scott you are a sick puppy. You wanna be my friend.

By Blogger happytheman, at 12:55 PM  

Look its me and all the boys..I love it!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:06 PM  

Thanks lynette..I know its silly and I feel better about that tonight...

By Blogger Beverly, at 7:37 PM  

Beverly,
After 34 years of teaching let me assure you that the children whose lives you will touch will never -never care if you got A's, B's or even C's.
Congratulationsw on your graduation.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 11:03 PM  

thank you miss vonnie...we are all jealous about your hawaii trip but glad you got to go!!:)

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:07 AM  

Well so yeah I had a 3.4 and proud of it! So you totally rock for your high average! But it is frustrating to know that you coulda/shoulda had all As and I think it sounds like it has more to do with the fact that these profs just don't seem to want to respect you. And that's hard to understand because there is really no good reason for it.

Although there were many reasons I quit journalism, the straw that broke the camel's back was when one of the profs (not your husband obviously) gave me a "D" in her class. Now I will say I did not deserve an A and possibly did not deserve even a B. But my grade in the class was nowhere near falling out of "C" range.

So basically this professor had been accepting late work all semester long (she herself didn't return a single homework assignment graded to us until the last week of class) and so although I knew I had to turn in my final project on time (a midnight deadline) I totally forgot about the dinky little 3 page "reflections" paper that was due with it. So I finished my project at 11:45pm on the nose and began furiously writing 3 pages of what my thought process was behind creating my project.

It took me all of 30 minutes to hammer it out and I emailed the paper at about 12:15ish. But apparently the prof decided to suddenly start enforcing the "no-tolerance" late rule which admittedly was in the syllabus (but had not been enforced even ONCE up until that point) and gave me a ZERO on the assignment. That paper ended up being 10 percent of my final grade (even though I got a B on the project itself) and my average went from 81 to a 71 which was a "D".

I was not at all pleased, but I think I'd been looking for a reason to switch departments anyway and although I mean no disrespect to your husband, it was the best decision I ever made in college.

By Blogger Demosthenes, at 9:21 AM  

Everytime I look at the title of this post, I think about Fleetwood Mac's "Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies"

By Blogger Lucas, at 11:42 AM  

demo..that stinks..i bet i know the prof..its weird..part of the college experience is dealing with alot of different profs..my husband told me that..

blondie..yeah i love that song too

By Blogger Beverly, at 12:01 PM  

Yes, she is a girl, happy..don't be messin wid my bonnie..

By Blogger Beverly, at 3:38 PM  

lee..well, that stinks..
my brother says my prof's problem goes back to her toilet training..hahaha...oh well, i am over it now.. i just marked it up to another life lesson
hey...welcome

By Blogger Beverly, at 12:02 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home