Thursday, August 24, 2006

No one’s gonna bring me down No one's gonna stop me now*

Okay...so does anyone remember how hard it was to open those little paper milk cartons when they were in school?

Well, let me tell ya...I told one of my kids how awesome it was that he could open it by himself so now our lunch time is filled with screams down the table, "Teacher, look, I opened it all by myself!"

I sit there applauding these little precious people who are so stinking proud of themselves and want me to share in the moment. Its a moment I feel honored to share with them.

I love having people in my life who I can tell that I can open my milk all by myself and they are cheering me on...That's you guys...Thanks...



*From "Golden Moments" by James Taylor

5 comment(s):

I have opened many a milk carton for special ed students during summer school sessions. During the regular school year I didn't have that severe students, and we didn't eat with them - but summer school was different. What I am trying to say is I wasn't always good at it. Why give milk cartons that are hard to open?

By Blogger Vonnie, at 6:40 PM  

Yeah, I was gonna say, "IN SCHOOL??? I CAN'T DO IT NOW!"

Beverly, it IS true that we are proud of who you are. You mean a lot to a lot of us. Here's me raising a glass of 2% to cheering each other along in the future - God knows that you and many of our fellow bloggers have repeatedly made me feel like a million dollars.

By Blogger Scott, at 12:11 PM  

That is awesome... I always did have trouble...

Hey, if you let me come to your class, I could teach them to open them with one hand! After demonstrating and telling them to all give it a try, I will then head for the nearest exit.

By Blogger Flake, at 8:22 PM  

"I love for people to make me laugh and I love to make others laugh.":

This is test from the Twilight Zone. Please come to my blog and make me laugh and see if I make you laugh...testing, testing, testing, can you hear me now?
Yours truly,
captain cody, junior space cadet.

By Blogger Hopalong Cassidy, at 8:42 PM  

This is a great post!!! Kids are fabulous to work with, aren't they?

CONGRATS on your job Bev!!!!! God is too good to us...

By Blogger rambouillet, at 4:36 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home