Wednesday, August 30, 2006


Yeah..so here I go..I have to go into the boys bathroom to get Jaden to hurry up. (Jaden is this little 4 year old black dude that gets in trouble alot and well, he's stolen my heart.)

Let me explain this to ya guys..girls do not ever want to go into a boy's bathroom..I mean they would just rather block that out of their minds. Yuck..serious yuck. .... There is just something in there that is just not in the girl's bathroom. Theres like this atmospheric change that happens when you walk in. Okay..anyway..

I go in to get Jaden and he's pulling up his pants saying, "Ms. Mann, you know what, I am going to do? I am going to get some more money and buy you something." "Aw..really Jaden?" "Yeah, I think I am going to buy a toy that we can play together." "Wow, that sounds great Jaden!" Heart melting stuff y'all!

My day ends with me in my rocking chair reading a book with my two Dennis the Menaces (Alex and Robert) snuggled in my lap and my sweet TJ smashin in. Can life get any better? I am surrounded and being loved by these little trouble makers..hahaha..go figure..its pay back time I guess!

I am pointing out our class schedule to the class..."Okay class, first we have Calendar time, then we have large group time and then its small group time.." TJ says, "We have small group at Candy's house!" TJ's family is in our small group and we all usually meet at Candy's house..Just thought that it was precious and Candy, don't think that me and TJ aren't thinking of you!!

12 comment(s):

oh man, you made my day right there with that one. Sometimes I get a little green over here alone in my house knowing you're over there with all that fun.

By Blogger Candy, at 6:47 PM  

Wow, what a transition.. student to funfactoryworker.
Glad you are enjoying it, bev!!!

By Blogger gracie, at 6:50 PM  

urinals are the coolest invention since the tree.

By Blogger happytheman, at 9:48 PM  

i agree happy, especially the one's that go to the ground so your feet get splashed, just like out side.

By Blogger Clint, at 10:59 PM  

Okay, I realize that this was not technically a bathroom post, but I have to raise a complaint.

In law school, I had a friend of the female category who once said, "I gotta go to the bathroom and relax, I'm stressed."

"How can you relax in the bathroom?", I asked.

There were COUCHES in the women's bathroom, it was painted a nice warm earth tone color, a mirror with lights around it, HOUSEPLANTS!!!

Then men's room? Two stalls, a urinal, and a sink. Stark white walls. WHAT THE HECK??? Where's our sofa?

I am finding out that this is not uncommon. In fact, it's almost the norm. This is potty discrimination at its worst.

Who do I sue?

By Blogger Jim V, at 6:59 AM  

Jim V, if you guys didn't splash all over the floor, maybe someone would make YOUR bathroom nice, too ;)

By Blogger Shawna, at 3:33 PM  

Candy..TJ and I love you!!

gracie...transition is right!!

happy..really..?

clint..sick..hey, did you guys move?

jim..oh my word..you crack me up..its cultural..women go in twos to the bathroom and sometimes just sit and talk..I mean really...can you see that happen with guys?

plankton...jim's such a lawyer...

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:06 PM  

Plankton: chicken and egg issue. If we had a nice place to pee, we'd work on our aim.


Bev: Have you seen my blog? I'm suing Walgreens.


Plankton: No, come to think of it, my bathroom at home is pretty nice and my aim sucks there too.

I think I'll just sue myself... is that a conflict of interest? I don't want to have to sue myself for malpractice after I lose my lawsuit against myself.

I have a headache...

By Blogger Jim V, at 7:58 AM  

Jim V.--that's hilarious. Yeah, I guess it is because you guys are always raving about being so PRACTICAL and efficient, it seems that more than just a urinal in the bathroom would just naturally go against your grain. :) We women are content to sit, relax, and converse in the bathroom for sure. I personally found it quite nice to have a couch to sit on whenever I needed to breastfeed, given that this task is not always so easy. You know, I know women who have been asked to LEAVE places whenever they were desperate and needed to nurse their crying babies in public. This is a tangent, I know, but should'nt there be a discrimination law against that?

By Blogger Laurie, at 10:48 AM  

Not only do women have a couch in their bathroom, they have candy machines on the wall. What the heck.

By Blogger Cole, at 7:10 AM  

cole..you are a mess!!

laurie..really..I hear you about the breastfeeding deal...or a place to change a diaper..!

By Blogger Beverly, at 3:48 PM  

Okay, I completely zoned out on the whole breast feeding issue. That alone is enough to justify a couch even if it only gets used for baby feeding like once a year.

I have a firm policy of giving pregnant women whatever they want, especially when I'm married to said pregnant woman.

I am suddenly okay with couches in women's bathrooms. And Evil is probably right. Eventually, we'd just pee on the thing anyway.

By Blogger Jim V, at 8:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home