Monday, September 11, 2006


2,658 american soldiers have died in Iraq as of September 6, 2006.

It is 9/11 and not only am I thinking of those who lost loved ones in the WTC but also thinking about those who have lost their boys and girls to this war.

Such a tragedy.....

7 comment(s):

That is a frightening statistic - unbelieveable!!!

By Blogger gracie, at 5:25 AM  

I think back about 9/11 and wonder how it could have happened. We lost 3,000 that day. It seems worse because they were simply people going to work. They weren't soldiers who knew they were putting their lives at risk. Just regular people.

I am saddened that we've lost so many there. And don't forget all the Iraqis who've died as well, not to mention soldiers from other nations.

But I am at least glad that we are inching ever so slowly, and frustratingly, toward a final goal of having a friendly nation in the Middle East so we can better deal with those who work to repeat 9/11 every single day.

By Blogger Jim V, at 9:13 AM  

God bless our soldiers. Several from my own congregation have been seeing some scary action in Iraq. I appreciate a soldier's willingness to sacrifice - and I pray that we can be a nation that determines to care for that sacrifice as vigilantly as possible.

And one of the ways is to do exactly what you've done here - remember the cost. Whether the war is right or wrong, we must remember the price that is paid by those who serve so valiantly.

By Blogger Scott, at 6:09 PM  

HEY! im not mad! I think that its an amazing thing that you do that with your son! I know that it always makes me feel special when my parents spend time with me. You have no idea how much we appreciate it.

-kenzie

By Blogger kenzie, at 6:33 PM  

SINCE SEPTEMBER 6, 2006?! WHAAAAT?! Where did you get that stat from?

By Blogger Lucas, at 3:58 PM  

Hey blondie..."as of"..not "since."

By Blogger Beverly, at 4:44 PM  

Beverly,


"I love the ocean because it screams to me the awesome power of God...I love children and how Jesus took snotty, loud, little kids on His lap, even at the protest of His followers"

re

I have seen lots of good profiles but the yours is the best one I have seen so far.


"It is 9/11 and not only am I thinking of those who lost loved ones in the WTC but also thinking about those who have lost their boys and girls to this war.

Such a tragedy....."

re

your articles are as good as your profile

By Blogger Hopalong Cassidy, at 8:15 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home