Sunday, October 08, 2006

*I have no place to run and hide, I have no place to hide

Just marked a new date for most embarrassing moment....

Its Sunday morning and I throw on my black jersey skirt and a couple of tank tops...ahhh..forget the slip..don't feel like wearing one. Head out to church and thank goodness decided to sit in the back with just a few rows of people behind me. I haven't been eating as much lately and some of my clothes are a bit loose...this black skirt felt that way when I put it on this morning but no worries...umm..yeah..well, we stand to sing and I am worshipping away when I feel a slight chill on my well...rear!! I reach down and catch my skirt just before it hits the floor. My skirt had slid down across perimeters which were not appropriate for Sunday viewing...yikes...and all I can think is, "Why didn't I wear a slip and thank goodness I wore well..you know..!!" Needless to say there was no more standing up for Beverly...
After service, I spotted a friend who was sitting a few rows back. I looked at her for some reassurance as I asked, "Did you see my skirt fall down?" She smiled and said, "Yes!!" She added that I had caught it just in time and I responded that had I not I would be placing membership at another church next Sunday!!


*From "No Place To Hide" Korn

18 comment(s):

LOL! Talk about getting distracted from worship. That's hilarious!

By Blogger reJoyce, at 7:41 PM  

aww, beverly, i would have DIED. glad you can laugh about it! that is so funny.

By Blogger laura g, at 8:21 PM  

there are simply no words for this. i can't imagine what i would have done.

that's it, i'm cancelling my diet.

By Blogger Jim V, at 9:18 AM  

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my word...

That's why they tell you to make sure you ALWAYS wear clean underwear, right?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 AM  

Why does stuff like that ALWAYS happen at church??!!!! Never in your kitchen, or bathroom...BEFORE your in front of a whole group of people?? I guess its CONFIRMED you lost some weight..GOOD JOB!!!

Dina

By Blogger Dina, at 10:55 AM  

Oh my goodness, Beverly!!! I guess it is times like these where, panty lines or not, you are glad you didn't choose to wear thong underwear, you know. Dina's right--why does this kind of stuff only happen in public???

So funny! Looks like it is time to go shopping!

By Blogger Laurie, at 1:04 PM  

I can honestly say that has never happened to me. Thank goodness. LOL

By Blogger Vonnie, at 1:44 PM  

haHA, I just had to come back to have another good laugh at you baring all in church.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 PM  

New Church: So what brings you to our church?

Beverly: Well, there was an incident at Highland.

New Church: Oh, was it about "the issue of women in the church?"

Beverly: Yeah, something like that.

By Blogger Scott, at 1:56 PM  

rejoyce..yep..hilarious!

laura g...you know when your life is in crazy mode anyway you just kinda say..oh well, what the heck!

jim v...you don't know what you would have done had your skirt fallen down?

blondie..exactly..

dina..you are so right..I mean I seem to be placed on this earth to entertain all inhabitants..

laurie..yep..that's what my friend asked me..nope..thank goodness no thong..hahahhaha

vonnie...be careful..you never know..

blondie..glad you are enjoying it!!

Scott..very funny, frog, very funny!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 5:17 PM  

Sorry Bev, but that is too funny!

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:43 AM  

It's wrong for you to judge me just because I wear a skirt to church...

By Blogger Jim V, at 11:38 AM  

It's wrong for you to judge me just because I wear a skirt to church...

By Blogger Jim V, at 11:38 AM  

Blogger is hating me today. How the heck did I post that comment twice??? I only typed it once!

By Blogger Jim V, at 11:39 AM  

hahahah..yes, Jim..I think Blogger does hate you..it told me so...

By Blogger Beverly, at 1:36 PM  

haha, scott, I think it's more like

"new church: So what brings you here?

Bev: Well, there was an incident at the old church.

new church: you're not the girl who flashed the entire congregation are you?"

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:27 PM  

This is the REAL reason we have "greeters" at the door of our church. They are secretly trained as bouncers to keep the flashers out...

By Blogger Jim V, at 3:36 AM  

Glad you caught the skirt in time. So do you still go without a slip or do make sure you put one on now?

By Blogger bob, at 5:03 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home