Saturday, September 30, 2006

"If you're violating your standards faster than you can lower them, time to go away," Robin Williams said.

Robin Williams says this about going to Rehab. Man, I love people who are honest about themselves..don't you? Its so much easier to say, "I blew it." than to look like a jerk trying to justify...I so much more respect people who just say...."I blew it!"



You had a chance...why weren't those you loved worth dropping all your pride?..


.....Neil Young...."Walk On"
But sooner or later
it all gets real.

Walk on, walk on,
Walk on, walk on.


Scene from my all time favorite movie..Life As A House..

George: I have hated this house from the moment my father put it in my name. Imagine, 29 years of hating what you're living in, hating what you *are*. This is the end of it, Sam. I'm finally building something of my own. Something I can be proud to give you.
Sam: Don't. I don't want it.
George: Fine. You can do what you want with it. All I want you to remember is that we built a house together.
Sam: You didn't build s**t. You're just tearing your father down.
George: That's right. It feels good.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

just a little frustrated today with those who give up on something beautiful and the payoff for them is trying to look okay....hope its worth it..

I don't know guys...do what you want to do with this post...it comes off a bit random...sorry...peace..kiss those you love today...

9 comment(s):

Not so random, Beverly - not so random at all.

By Blogger Scott, at 11:33 AM  

Honest is better, definitely. Takes guts though.

I've got a rotten cold. I think I'll show my family I love them by not kissing them today!

By Blogger reJoyce, at 7:40 PM  

scott..well good then..

rejoyce..guts it does take but such rewards...get better!

By Blogger Beverly, at 8:07 PM  

I think the quote from Life As A House is very interesting. It sounds like they're both being honest but not really hearing each other. Really interesting.

Hope the boys are having fun. Are you coming to small group? Did Jim get hold of you? Noon today at the Clark's house. Come.

By Blogger Candy, at 6:17 AM  

Candy..you have got to see this movie..its so amazing..then you'll get that quote..I hope the boys had a blast!!

By Blogger Beverly, at 10:04 AM  

Thanks Bev, great post. Life as....is another great Kevin Kline movie.

By Blogger happytheman, at 4:01 AM  

Well I love the Robin Williams quote.. reminds me of something Jesus said about the two contrasting prayers offered in the temple. Seems God prefers to hear us say "I blew it" too...
lotsa love to you, bev :)

By Blogger gracie, at 5:52 AM  

"You had a chance...why weren't those you loved worth dropping all your pride?.."

"a little frustated today with those who give up on something beautiful and the payoff for them is trying to look okay"

I hear you, Beverly. Thanks for this post.

By Blogger Laurie, at 12:56 PM  

from the president of the class of "I blew it" let me say this wasn't random at all. Luckily for those of this class, we have marvelous second chances that bring much happiness.

By Blogger Frustrated Writer, at 7:20 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home