Tuesday, October 03, 2006

American Pie

So.....My best friend Beth knocked on my door last night. She brought me and Sam a Peanut Butter Chocolate pie. Just a random act of kindness.
Now that is Church! Tell me you'll pray for us all day long but man, bring us a pie and we feel loved..
Thanks Beth...you blessed us!!

12 comment(s):

That was VERY sweet of her!

By Blogger Jeans, at 7:25 AM  

I want a piece!! Yeah, I can't stand it when people pray for God to bless somebody, then they sit on their butts! Hooray for PIE!!
See, you can be free to eat it now, then come and Jam it out on Wednesday!! ;) Sometimes in my class, I'll ask people what they're Jammin' for that day. Well, on Saturday I told them I was Jamming because I ate an entire funnell cake by myself the night before, so when they saw me sweat, it was actually grease being forced out of my body!!! Gross, I know.

By Blogger Kate Eason, at 7:46 AM  

i wish you had brought me a piece of pie Sunday

By Blogger Clint, at 7:50 AM  

yummm, my mouth is salivating as I sit in nutrition class...

By Blogger Flake, at 8:08 AM  

What a nice thing to do! We have a friend, she is currently living out of the country, who does things like this; we have been the lucky beneficiaries many times! On New Year's Eve we had been out in the early evening, only to return to find a message on our answering machine directing us to package left at the front door... it was a box containing the most amazing homemade Strawberry Cheesecake you have ever seen!

By Blogger Mrs. Goodneedle, at 11:13 AM  

I'll be praying for that piece of pie. "Dear Lord, please take that pie from Beverly and give it to me..."

On a more serious note - right on, that IS church! Quite the opposite of "let me know if you need anything" isn't it.

By Blogger Scott, at 1:32 PM  

That was really very sweet! You have some great friends! Unfortunately I don't bake. Nor do I cook. My boys think it's a random act of kindness if I cook dinner. Now if i made a pie, they'd croak. If it's any consolation, I pray for them and you and Sam! :o)

By Blogger Candy, at 1:36 PM  

Sounds delightful. What a wonderful friend.

I've never had a Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie - anyone got a recipe to share?

By Blogger reJoyce, at 2:32 PM  

I am with DISCOM - you gotta have milk and pie for breakfast is one of my faves

By Blogger Vonnie, at 3:46 PM  

Yum, that pie looks GOOOOOOD!

By Blogger Lucas, at 6:15 PM  

pie?

By Blogger happytheman, at 6:26 PM  

And on the eight day, God was done resting, and he said, "I could go for some Peanut Butter Chocolate pie." Then he created a Peanut Butter Chocolate pie, and ate the whole thing, and saw that it was good.

And about a half hour later, God made Pepto Bismol, and he drank the whole bottle, and he saw that it was good.

By Blogger Jim V, at 8:56 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home