Tuesday, October 10, 2006

My boy



Up a bit late thinking about my boy. The doctor will inject Sam tomorrow, in his spine, to determine whether he has a pars fracture and how serious it is. This diagnostic test involves sedation and the doctor also said she would shoot some steroids in there to alleviate some of the pain.

Sam has been shut out of all sports and p.e. because of this injury. He picked up disc golf which he loves but I put a stop to that in order to determine if it was causing him pain. Sam loves this game and I hated telling him that he couldn't do that either.

I guess tonight I am thinking about how much I admire my boy. He's got alot of crap going on in his life and he continues to put one foot in front of the other with a smile for me every day. He tells me about those friends of his who have already turned to drugs and alcohol in high school but he and a friend of his in the car said they would stay clean. Thats a tough road and I will pray for my boy and all his friends everyday. I have to tell you that when I was going through my parents divorce I didn't make the wise choices that Sam is making. I am proud of him.

He has missed alot of school because the pain that is associated with sitting for so long. Please...I covet your prayers for Sam tomorrow and for a quick healing to happen in his back. What this shows will determine whether surgery will be an option.

16 comment(s):

Sounds like a pretty incredible young man. He must have a pretty incredible Mom....

Prayers spoken.

By Blogger Jim V, at 3:34 AM  

Will definitely pray.

By Blogger reJoyce, at 5:05 AM  

For your boy... and his beautiful, loving mother.... prayers from my heart to His.

By Blogger gracie, at 5:30 AM  

I'm praying too, Bev. Love you...

By Blogger Katie, at 6:34 AM  

prayers for Sam and Mom.

By Blogger happytheman, at 7:01 AM  

tell sam to take it like a mann. your not raising no girly man.

By Blogger Clint, at 7:47 AM  

I remember when that boy was in your tummy!!

We're praying in Arkansas.

By Blogger Deana Nall, at 11:05 AM  

I had Scoliosis when I was 16, and had to have MAJOR back surgery & wear a body cast for a year...first year of high school.
It's very scary for someone young to go through ( at least for me) but knowing that people are concerned for you & there for you makes all the difference!!!

were all there for you to give you prayers for all you guys!

By Blogger Dina, at 11:24 AM  

Bev - Well, I just read your post. I'm not sure what time the appointment was but I'm sure praying for Sam now. Let us know what they determined. I know this has been hard on him. Sounds like the two of you are having the same conversations Max and I are having. We do have a lot to be thankful for, don't we?

By Blogger Candy, at 12:26 PM  

my love and prayers are with you and Sam, Bev.

By Blogger Laurie, at 12:55 PM  

I'm praying for you Sam. And please - DON'T BE GAY!

By Blogger Scott, at 2:11 PM  

not that there is anything wrong with that

By Blogger Clint, at 3:30 PM  

awww...thanks guys..I love you all so much..

By Blogger Beverly, at 3:54 PM  

I will be praying too.

By Blogger Vonnie, at 4:44 PM  

Hello,
I am sorry about Sam, this is the first I've heard of this. You can count on my prayers and so can he.

Sam is a trooper and will prevail. We claim a healing and God's grace to shine upon him.

SAM ROCKS !!

the wanabe preacher
Jeremy

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

Um, Scott, what the hell kind of comment is that ???

JEREMY

"DONT BE GAY !!!"

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:00 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home